I thoroughly enjoyed trying on dresses from their beautiful collection, and had an absolute blast doing it alongside a fellow Atlanta style blogger! Check out the other outfits we styled in Part I over here! Working with her really showed me the power in collaborating with others in the same industry to get a project accomplished. Selfish thinking may have one believe that making it to the top alone is feasible or that working with the “competition” is dangerous, but it’s evident to me that true magic is made when people work together. Plus, there’s plenty of room at the top for all of us!
With that said, I want to share five reasons why collaboration is essential in today’s business world from my experience. My day job is in healthcare project management, and I work on an implementations team that thrives on putting our heads together to carry out successful projects so I may have just a little wisdom to share! 😉
- Two heads are better than one. More effective outcomes happen when you combine resources in talent, experience and finances. There is power in numbers.
- Be a learner. No matter how good you are at what you do, there is always opportunity for creative growth. Force yourself to be open-minded to the input of others. This will push you beyond your personal limits which will yield more innovative work.
- Self-awareness. When you collaborate with other you put your strengths and weaknesses on the table. This allows you to ask for help when needed, as well as hone your skills that you excel in through helping others.
- Network building. Collaborative efforts lead to stronger networks and working relationships. Others are more inclined to share their resources with you when you are working on a project together.
- Accountability. You are less likely to renege or slack on a project when there are share timelines and deadlines on the table that will affect others if not met.
I hope you find this advice useful, especially if you are pursuing or looking to grow your own business as I am.
Here are the pictures from our second Planet Blue look, enjoy and don’t forget to check out Yawa’s version of our wonderful experience together!…
Photography Credit: Christina Callaway (website here)